A lightweight but comforting fragrance free blend of plant oils to protect, soothe and replenish dry, irritated or flaky skin.
Skin type: dry, combination, normal, irritated
Skin goal: skin softening, lipid replenishment, soothing, anti-redness, healthy skin
Key ingredients: cucumber, calendula, CoQ10
With cucumber, calendula & co-enzyme Q10
Bronze award winner (oils & oil-based serums) - Free From Skincare Awards 2019; featured in Pixiwoo's "products to get your glow back" - October 2018
A comforting blend of plant oils to protect, soothe and replenish dry, irritated or flaky skin. Smooths and softens the skin without a greasy feel owing to a lightweight formulation. Rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants to support healthy skin. Used alongside water-based hydrating products this booster will seal in moisture and help reduce water loss from the skin.
Ideal for those who are sensitive to essential oils, this oil has no discernible scent (other than from the slight natural scent of the carrier oils).
High linoleic oils: cucumber, hempseed, safflower & sunflower oils offer emollient and soothing benefits without feeling greasy or clogging pores
Calendula: skin soothing properties ideal for dry, irritated and inflamed skin
Co-enzyme Q10: provides antioxidant and skin soothing benefits
Formulated without synthetic fragrance or essential oils.
Suitable for normal, dry, combination, sensitive skin.
Add just a couple of drops to your moisturiser / serum or use alone to seal in moisture, applying onto clean, damp skin in light, patting motions. These are pure plant oils so less is more! Can be used morning & night, and under the eye area. In the daytime, complete your routine with a broad-spectrum sunscreen to protect your skin.
Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. For external use only. Keep out of reach of children. Shelf life unopened is 12 months. Once opened, keep lid securely closed, use within 6 months and before expiry date.
Available with a pipette OR pump dispenser in a 30ml size, and in a handy 10 ml travel size (with pipette). Can also be purchased as part of a bundle.
Amber UV filtered glass aromatherapy bottle with glass pipette dropper (or pump dispenser). Glass is the best way to store oil products and the amber colour minimises oxidation of oils.
INGREDIENTS: Carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil*, Cucumis sativus (cucumber) seed oil, Caprylic/ capric triglycerides, Squalane (olive squalane), Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, Cannabis sativa (hempseed) seed oil*, Macadamia ternifolia (macadamia) seed oil*, Helianthus annuus seed (sunflower) oil, Calendula officinalis flower extract, Hippophae rhamnoides (sea buckthorn) fruit oil, Ubiquinone (co-enzyme Q10), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E)
*Organically produced ingredient
Made in the UK in small batches so you can enjoy these nutrient rich oils at their best!
About Apothaka & Apothaka’s brand values
- What does Apothaka stand for?
Apothaka’s products are based on the premise that your skin is an incredibly intelligent organ and all we need to do is give it the tools to support it and allow it to function well on its own, rather than create a cycle of damage & repair, which is increasingly common with so many aggressive products out there. This means:
- Gentle but effective skincare which puts a healthy skin barrier first
A less is more approach
- the least amount of products to support your skin goals
- respecting the skin and the environment
- Products which balance functional skincare & self-care – carefully chosen ingredients that benefit your skin, elegant textures and divine scents (as well as fragrance free options)
No nonsense marketing or gimmicks:
- no overpromising (our goal is healthy skin, rather than perfect / flawless skin)
- no “noise”
- no long “free from” lists or fear tactics
- no glossy ads or big influencer campaigns
- no wasteful packaging
- the focus is all on the products, which speak for themselves
Apothaka products designed with everyone in mind – regardless of skin type, age, gender, skin colour. If your goal is healthy skin, then this range is for you!
- Are your products suitable for sensitive skin?
Given the focus on gentle, supportive formulations, we have formulated these to minimise the risk of irritation and they are enjoyed by those with sensitive, reactive skin types. The fragrance free range in particular is ideal for sensitive skin and you can find more information on suitable products on each product page – including additional usage tips for sensitive skin. Given that irritant reactions are impossible to predict, it is always advisable to patch test products before first use of any product
- Have your products been tested on animals?
Animal testing in the EU (and UK) has been banned for several years, and in order to comply with EU and UK cosmetic regulations, animal testing is not allowed. Our products are tested on humans, not animals!
- Are your products vegan?
All Apothaka products are vegan friendly – they contain no animal derivatives. The EVY daily face mousse SPF30 is the only product sold on this store which isn’t vegan (it contains collagen and silk). All other EVY sunscreens are vegan however
- Are your products comedogenic?
Comedogenic ratings are often cited (and over-egged) in the skincare world, but the reality is that the tests upon which they are based are outdated and inaccurate: they were based on tests on rabbit ears (last time I looked, we were human!), and at extremely high doses which aren’t typically used in products. So, we tend to avoid using the term “non-comedogenic” as it’s a marketing term and isn’t a guarantee that it won’t clog your pores – remember, formulation really does matter, and we can all react differently to products. That said, our products are formulated to minimise the risk of clogged pores – through the use of lightweight textures, high linoleic plant oils (which are better suited to blemish prone skin)
- What is the shelf life of your products?
The shelf life varies depending on the type of product. Water-based formulations typically have a shelf life (unopened) of 30 months, and 12 months once opened. Our face oils and cleansing oil blends are made from plant oils (often cold pressed to retain more nutrient benefits) so these are best enjoyed at their freshest. We therefore recommend they’re used within 6 months of opening, though they’re usually fine to use beyond that. More details can be found on each product page. It goes without saying that it’s important you store your products carefully to get the maximum shelf life: in a cool, dark place out of direct sunlight and avoid fluctuating temperatures. Once opened, ensure closures remain tightly secured
- Is your packaging recyclable?
We are mindful of our impact on the environment, and whilst we can always do more (and will continue to do so), we have a thoughtful approach to our packaging through:
- a minimalist product range – our product range is growing slowly and responsibly. We are skin health focussed, not trend-focussed, which means you won’t see endless product launches from us. There are enough of those out there already. We want to be more curated in our approach and prefer to keep things simple. Being environmentally conscious isn’t just about packaging/recycling and sourcing of ingredients, what’s most important is not using more than we need – and as a brand we have a responsibility to encourage a minimal approach to skincare for the benefit of skin health, and for the environment
- recyclable aluminium bottles and recyclable glass – aluminium in particular is currently our favoured packaging as it is infinitely recyclable and lighter to transport
- refill options for cleansing oils – sadly most closures used for cosmetics aren’t recyclable as they’re made from mixed materials, so we offer refill options on some of our products (and guidance on reusing closures safely/hygienically)
- avoiding the use of outer boxes for products – this was a conscious decision as outer boxes may look pretty but often end up in the recycling bin. Even though they can be recycled, it is an example of an unnecessary impact on the environment so we decided not to use them
- packing material for parcels – we use recycled and recyclable cardboard to keep your products safe in transit. We use recycled paper filling to pack your parcels and encourage you to reuse it, again reducing the impact on the environment
- minimal use of glossy marketing materials – you’ll get a little thank you card with your parcel, but we don’t believe in the use of flyers / leaflets that ultimately end up in the bin!
- How long does it take to process orders?
Typically, orders are processed within 1-3 working days of placing an order if items are in stock. At busy times (in the run up to Christmas) please be aware that processing may take a little longer
- Can I make changes to my order?
This depends on whether we have processed and packed your order (we try to do this as quickly as we can). Do get in touch to check at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions though and we will try our best to accommodate you if we are able to
- Do you have any discount codes?
As a small brand which prefers to deal directly with customers (rather than sell through big retailers), we try to keep our mark ups fair so we don’t offer big discounts on our products. However, we occasionally have offers on – sign up for our newsletter to be kept informed. Additionally, it’s worth joining our Glow Getters Rewards programme, which allows you to earn points on your purchases which can be converted to discounts off future orders
- Can I order out of stock items?
Some products are still available to purchase even if they show as out of stock – typically oil blends (face oils, cleansing oils, nail oil) – as these are made regularly in small batches. Please allow up to a week for your order to be shipped however in this case, and be aware that if you have ordered other items that are in stock, everything will be shipped together once the out of stock item becomes available. Other out of stock items which can’t be ordered will take longer to be replenished, we usually announce when products are back in stock through our social media channels
Delivery & returns
- Where do you ship to?
We ship to most worldwide destinations, providing there is a reliable delivery service available. Most of the popular destinations are available through checkout, but if you aren’t sure, then please contact us at email@example.com to find out if we can ship to you
- When will my order ship?
Depending on when your order is placed, orders are processed within 1-3 working days (unless items are out of stock) and currently are shipped on Monday or Thursday mornings (UK time).
- How long will my order take to arrive?
This depends on where we are shipping to and which shipping service you have selected. We offer standard services which are cost effective but can be a little slower, and for most countries, express shipping which is quicker but does cost extra. More information can be found here: https://www.apothaka.com/pages/delivery-returns
- How much do you charge for delivery?
Delivery costs depend on order value (free at certain thresholds, free local delivery in Berkamsted), destination and shipping provider (Royal Mail or DHL Express). More details can be found here: https://www.apothaka.com/pages/delivery-returns
- Do you charge for re-delivery?
Shipping providers will make one or two attempts to deliver your parcel. If there is no answer, they will return the parcel back to us as undelivered (especially Royal Mail UK and international services). We can arrange for it to be sent back out to you, but please be aware there will be an additional fee for this to cover the shipping cost
- My order hasn’t arrived, what should I do?
Delivery timescales are shown on the “delivery” section of each product page. These are not guaranteed and due to COVID there are delays with some shipments. More details of shipping updates and how long to allow before contacting us about your order can be found here: https://www.apothaka.com/pages/delivery-returns
- What is your return policy?
Our returns policy can be found here: https://www.apothaka.com/pages/delivery-returns. For hygiene reasons, returns are only allowed on sealed, unopened products.
Account & rewards
- Are there any benefits to having an account?
Aside from being able to keep track of your orders, you also get access to Apothaka Glow Getters rewards programme, which allows you to earn points on your orders, and these can be used to get discounts off future orders. It’s our way of saying thank you and rewarding your loyalty! You can access the programme via the blue “launcher” button on the bottom left corner of any page. Find out more about the programme here: https://www.apothaka.com/pages/rewards
You can easily create an account by clicking the “create an account” button at the top right corner of the any page. The “log in” button is in the same place for those with accounts already
- Still got questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to reply to messages within 1-2 working days
See here for detailed delivery & returns info including latest shipping info due to COVID-19 and BREXIT. I ship orders twice a week (Monday & Thursday mornings). For fast / guaranteed shipping, please select the Express delivery option at checkout (DHL express [International] / Special D [UK]).
- Standard shipping (Royal Mail 2nd class): free from £50; usually within 2-3 working days of order being despatched (i.e. not from date of order!). Deliveries may take longer due to COVID-19 (up to 2-3 weeks on occasion)
- Express shipping (Special D): next day delivery after despatch - shipping ONLY on Monday & Thursday A.M.
- FREE local delivery for customers in Berkhamsted - you should be able to check out automatically but contact me at email@example.com if not!
All countries outside of UK:
- Outside UK, customers will be responsible for any customs / taxes (including import VAT in EU from Jan 2021) / associated fees - these need to be paid to the mail carrier when your order arrives. See here for more info
- Royal Mail standard and DHL express options available (select DHL express for a fully tracked & signed service)
- A tracked & signed service cannot be used for PO boxes or anywhere a signature cannot be taken
- Standard shipping times vary considerably by country and are not guaranteed. Please allow up to 6 weeks from the shipping date for your order to arrive
- Standard shipping (Royal Mail) tracked / tracked & signed: usually within 2 weeks of order being despatched subject to customs clearance - **allow 4-6 weeks for standard shipping due to COVID-19**
- Express shipping (DHL express tracked): 1-2 working days of despatch (a surcharge may be applicable for DHL express shipping to remote destinations in some countries. In this case, I will contact you before your order is processed to confirm if you still wish to proceed
- Customers will be responsible for any payment of import VAT & associated fees. See here for more info
- Express shipping (DHL express tracked): 2-3 working days from despatch, subject to customs clearance
- Customers will be responsible for any payment of of any customs duties / taxes / associated fees.
Rest of world:
- Standard shipping (Royal Mail): usually within 2-4 weeks of order being despatched, subject to customs clearance. **Allow up to 6 weeks during COVID-19**
- Express shipping (DHL Express) delivery within 2-4 working days of despatch
- Customers will be responsible for any payment of of any customs duties / taxes / associated fees
DHL express may be available to your country - please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote or if you have any other questions about shipping.
Step in the routine
achieve a fresh canvas with our cleansers to remove make-up, sunscreen, grime & impurities
lightweight layers of hydration keep the skin looking and feeling healthy & plump
treat / boost
enhance your routine with targeted treatment products or boosters to tackle specific skin concerns
hydrate, replenish the water & lipid content of the skin for healthy, supple & comfortable skin
protect & prevent: a fundamental part of any daily skincare routine with a focus on healthy ageing: protect & prevent
Why People love apothaka
- Thoughtful: gentle but effective skincare which puts a healthy skin barrier first, with a focus on ingredients supported by science rather than led by trends
- No nonsense: unique formulations created by Apothaka’s founder, which combine multiple actives to reduce product overload
- Enjoyable: a balance of functional skincare & self-care – formulations which support skin health and are a delight to use, through elegant textures and divine scents (as well as fragrance free options!)
- Inclusive: products which really are for everyone who desires healthy skin – no matter your age, gender, skin colour
why it works
cucumber – emollient, soothing, lightweight
calendula – soothing, calming
co-enzyme Q10 – antioxidant, skin soothing, protective
PASSIONATE & PERSONABLE
We’re not in the business of selling an overwhelming range of products.
We’re passionate about skin health, so we’re also here to guide you to healthy skin with support & knowledge,
built on a “less is more” approach to skincare.
And all with a more personal touch!
I've been using Apothaka for a little while, I have very sensitive skin that is prone to flare ups. These products are fabulous, particularly the rebalancing cleansing oil, the barrier support serum and the comforting oil booster which I add to my favourite anti aging serum. My skin hasn't been this moisturised and calm in months ! Very happy customer
I love this face oil, it makes my skin so soft and my rosacea has no issues with it. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a fabulous oil.
My skin loves this oil, particularly in winter when it's more prone to dryness. I add a drop to my normal moisturiser once a day and my skin stands up much better against winter dryness. I also have quite sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate me at all
Great oil blend using quality ingredients. My skin likes this a lot!
Fragrance-free, this lightweight blend of oils works so well to finish the routine with and is super gentle too, while providing nourishment one would expect from a face oil. With a skin smoothing coenzyme Q10 at a helm supported by soothing Calendula and cucumber seed oils it aims to reduce redness, restore skin’s lipid barrier, calm the irritation and say goodbye to dry and flaky bits. It’s a perfect choice for those who don’t want to use or don’t tolerate essential oils as it’s pure and truly free of any potential irritants. And it does work, and does it quickly. In just few days you’ll notice a plumper and less inflamed skin, perfect for ageing and sensitised skin that may have overdone it with typically anti-ageing treatments (acids and Retinoids). I welcomed it to my routine quite gladly having recently been put off by too fragranced oils (looking at you Wishful Skin).