BESTSELLER! Barrier support serum with niacinamide & ceramides (fragrance / essential oil free)
With 5% niacinamide, ceramide complex & hyaluronic acid
If your goal is healthy skin then you need to keep your skin barrier in check. The skin barrier is the first line of defence against environmental assaults and unwanted substances so it’s vital to keep it fully functioning and maintain its resilience. A compromised barrier can result in dry, dull skin and the potential for irritation and sensitivity as unwanted substances are more easily able to penetrate the skin.
This clear, hydrating serum is designed to support, protect and replenish the skin barrier, allowing it to maintain its optimal hydration balance and keep skin healthy. Silicone, oil and alcohol free, with a weightless gel texture, this layers perfectly under a moisturiser.
Niacinamide: strengthens barrier function (among a wide variety of other benefits), resulting in better water retaining abilities of the skin
Ceramide complex: key components of your skin’s natural lipid mix, this skin-identical lipid complex contains 3 different types of ceramides, cholesterol and the ceramide precursor phytosphingosine to help form a protective layer and prevent moisture loss from the skin's surface
Hyaluronic acid: instantly hydrates, plumps and smooths the skin
Formulated without synthetic fragrance, essential oils, other oils, silicones & alcohol. Suitable for all skin types.
To read more about my serum and its key ingredients, check out my blog post here.
Dispense less than half a pump of serum into the palm of your hand and apply to damp clean skin. Immediately follow with a moisturiser (+ oil if needed) to seal in moisture. Can be used morning & night, and under the eye area. In the daytime, complete your routine with a broad-spectrum sunscreen to protect your skin.
TIP: If you haven't used niacinamide before, introduce gradually (once every other day) and build up slowly to once or twice daily use. As with all products, discontinue use if irritation occurs.
You may notice the serum turns a little white as you apply it - this is perfectly normal (it immediately disappears) and is just the serum emulsifying with the natural oils on your skin surface.
Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. For external use only. Keep out of reach of children. Shelf life unopened is 36 months. Once opened use within 12 months.
Standard 30ml or handy 10ml travel / try me size.
Amber UV filtered glass aromatherapy bottle with pump dispenser, the amber colour minimises oxidation of contents.
INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Niacinamide (vitamin B3), Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Sodium hyaluronate, Biosaccharide gum-1, Methylpropanediol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Ceramide 1, Phenoxyethanol, Citric acid, Caprylyl glycol, Disodium EDTA, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan gum, Sodium lauroyl lactylate, Carbomer
Cruelty free, vegan friendly. Fully compliant with EU cosmetic regulation including PET (challenge) testing.
Handmade in the UK
NB. Ceramide 3 is also known as ceramide NP; ceramide 6 II = caproyl sphingosine; ceramide 1 = ceramide EOS
All orders are usually ready to despatch within 3 working days of order date, usually sooner. For items showing as out of stock, please allow up to 1 week before these are available to ship. I ship orders 3 times a week (usually Monday, Wednesday & Friday). If you're in a hurry for your products please contact me and I will do my best to accommodate you! See here for detailed delivery & returns info.
Delivery aim: within 2-3 days of order being despatched (i.e. not from date of order!)
- 2nd class standard: £3.00 (order value under £25)
- 2nd class signed: £4.00 (order value £25 - £49.99 or FREE from £50)
- Special delivery: £7.95 (guaranteed next day delivery after despatch except for orders placed Friday - Sunday)
Delivery aim: within 2 weeks of order being despatched (often sooner)
- International standard: £4.50 (order value under £25)
- International tracked & signed: £9.35 (order value £25+)
Other countries outside of EU:
- Outside EU, customers will be responsible for any customs / associated fees.
- A tracked & signed service cannot be used for PO boxes or anywhere a signature cannot be taken
- Please be aware that shipping times (even for tracked & signed services) vary considerably by country and cannot be guaranteed as they are dependent on the destination country's postal services / customs processes, so please allow up to 4 weeks from the shipping date before contacting me in the unlikely event that you haven't received your order (I'm unable to send replacement items out before then).
Delivery aim: depends on service used and is subject to customs clearance (this is out of my control!). Standard shipping or express shipping (DHL express) is available:
- International standard: from £5.25 (orders under £25) - 2-3 weeks from date of despatch
- International tracked & signed / tracked or signed: £10.55 - 2-3 weeks from date of despatch
- International express (DHL tracked): from £10.55 (subject to minimum order value of £65, otherwise £15.50) - delivery within 2-3 days of despatch
Rest of world:
Delivery aim: within 2-4 weeks of order being despatched and subject to customs clearance (this is out of my control!)
- International standard: from £5.25 (only available to certain countries)
- International tracked & signed / tracked / signed: £10.55
If you have any questions about shipping, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org