Exfoliation shouldn't be aggressive! A gentle overnight treatment to support the skin’s natural exfoliation process - resurfacing & moisturising the skin
Skin type: all skin types
Skin goal: smooth skin, hydration
Key ingredients: pineapple & papaya enzymes, lactic / fruit acids, acerola cherry ferment
Fragrance free (the fruit extracts do not provide any fragrance)
With pineapple & papaya enzymes, fruit/lactic acids, acerola cherry ferment
Approach occasional exfoliation with a gentle formulation which features fermented fruit enzymes, fruit & lactic acids, complemented by hydrating & soothing ingredients. It's a non-abrasive, leave on treatment which works overnight to support the skin’s own natural exfoliation process by breaking down the proteins in excess surface skin cells (mature cells, not dead cells!) - resurfacing & moisturising the skin, leaving it feeling soft, smooth and healthy. The milky serum format helps to buffer the exfoliating effect of the enzymes and acids, offering a more gentle experience (tingling isn't necessary for exfoliation!). Ideal for those who prefer to avoid stronger AHA products.
Papaya & pineapple enzymes: improve skin texture and reduce clogged pores through gentle exfoliation, in a fermented format to improve bioavailability
Acerola cherry ferment: offers antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
Multi fruit acid complex & lactic acid: work to brighten, hydrate and smooth skin
Panthenol and allantoin: to hydrate, moisturise and soothe the skin
Formulated without added fragrance (the fruit extracts provide no fruit scent) or essential oils & alcohol. Suitable for all skin types (patch test for sensitive skin).
Use once or twice a week (less frequently for sensitive skin) at night as a leave-on treatment. After cleansing (and applying watery products like skin quenching essence and barrier support serum if used), apply no more than half a pump to the face, avoiding the eye area. Follow up with moisturiser if needed (can also be applied over moisturiser, or used as a rinse off mask for sensitive skin). In the daytime, always complete your routine with a broad-spectrum sunscreen of at least SPF30 to protect your skin.
Patch test before first use. Do not use on irritated/compromised skin, or in the same routine as any other forms of exfoliation (including other chemical exfoliants, physical exfoliants / or washcloths).
This product contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) which may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and the risk of sunburn. Be sun smart: always use sunscreen during the daytime, protective clothing and limit sun exposure.
Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. For external use only. Keep out of the reach of children. As with all products, discontinue use if irritation occurs.
Use before expiry date.
Recyclable 30ml aluminium bottle with twist and lock pump.
INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Lactobacillus/Papaya Fruit Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Acerola Cherry Ferment, Cetyl Alcohol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Extract, Panthenol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Lactobacillus Ferment, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Allantoin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide
Made in the UK
About Apothaka & Apothaka’s brand values
- What does Apothaka stand for?
Apothaka’s products are based on the premise that your skin is an incredibly intelligent organ and all we need to do is give it the tools to support it and allow it to function well on its own, rather than create a cycle of damage & repair, which is increasingly common with so many aggressive products out there. This means:
- Gentle but effective skincare with a “skin barrier first” approach
- A less is more philosophy
- the least amount of products to support your skin goals
- respecting the skin and the environment
- Products which balance functional skincare & self-care – carefully chosen ingredients that benefit your skin, elegant textures and divine scents (as well as fragrance free options)
- No nonsense marketing or gimmicks:
- no overpromising (our goal is healthy skin, rather than perfect / flawless skin)
- no “noise”
- no long “free from” lists or fear tactics
- no glossy ads or big influencer campaigns
- no wasteful packaging
- the focus is all on the products, which speak for themselves
Apothaka products designed with everyone in mind – regardless of skin type, age, gender, skin colour. If your goal is healthy skin, then this range is for you!
- Are your products suitable for sensitive skin?
Given the focus on gentle, supportive formulations, we have formulated these to minimise the risk of irritation and they are enjoyed by those with sensitive, reactive skin types. The fragrance free range in particular is ideal for sensitive skin and you can find more information on suitable products on each product page – including additional usage tips for sensitive skin. Given that irritant reactions are impossible to predict, it is always advisable to patch test products before first use of any product
- Have your products been tested on animals?
Animal testing in the EU (and UK) has been banned for several years, and in order to comply with EU and UK cosmetic regulations, animal testing is not allowed. Our products are tested on humans, not animals!
- Are your products vegan?
All Apothaka products are vegan friendly – they contain no animal derivatives. The EVY daily face mousse SPF30 is the only product sold on this store which isn’t vegan (it contains collagen and silk). All other EVY sunscreens are vegan however
- Are your products comedogenic?
Comedogenic ratings are often cited (and over-egged) in the skincare world, but the reality is that the tests upon which they are based are outdated and inaccurate: they were based on tests on rabbit ears (last time I looked, we were human!), and at extremely high doses which aren’t typically used in products. So, we tend to avoid using the term “non-comedogenic” as it’s a marketing term and isn’t a guarantee that it won’t clog your pores – remember, formulation really does matter, and we can all react differently to products. That said, our products are formulated to minimise the risk of clogged pores – through the use of lightweight textures, high linoleic plant oils (which are better suited to blemish prone skin)
- What is the shelf life of your products?
The shelf life varies depending on the type of product. Water-based formulations typically have a shelf life (unopened) of 30 months, and 12 months once opened. Our face oils and cleansing oil blends are made from plant oils (often cold pressed to retain more nutrient benefits) so these are best enjoyed at their freshest. We therefore recommend they’re used within 6 months of opening, though they’re usually fine to use beyond that. More details can be found on each product page. It goes without saying that it’s important you store your products carefully to get the maximum shelf life: in a cool, dark place out of direct sunlight and avoid fluctuating temperatures. Once opened, ensure closures remain tightly secured
- Is your packaging recyclable?
We are mindful of our impact on the environment, and whilst we can always do more (and will continue to do so), we have a thoughtful approach to our packaging through:
- a minimalist product range – our product range is growing slowly and responsibly. We are skin health focussed, not trend-focussed, which means you won’t see endless product launches from us. There are enough of those out there already. We want to be more curated in our approach and prefer to keep things simple. Being environmentally conscious isn’t just about packaging/recycling and sourcing of ingredients, what’s most important is not using more than we need – and as a brand we have a responsibility to encourage a minimal approach to skincare for the benefit of skin health, and for the environment
- recyclable aluminium bottles and recyclable glass – aluminium in particular is currently our favoured packaging as it is infinitely recyclable and lighter to transport
- refill options for cleansing oils – sadly most closures used for cosmetics aren’t recyclable as they’re made from mixed materials, so we offer refill options on some of our products (and guidance on reusing closures safely/hygienically)
- avoiding the use of outer boxes for products – this was a conscious decision as outer boxes may look pretty but often end up in the recycling bin. Even though they can be recycled, it is an example of an unnecessary impact on the environment so we decided not to use them
- packing material for parcels – we use recycled and recyclable cardboard to keep your products safe in transit. We use recycled paper filling to pack your parcels and encourage you to reuse it, again reducing the impact on the environment
- minimal use of glossy marketing materials – you’ll get a little thank you card with your parcel, but we don’t believe in the use of flyers / leaflets that ultimately end up in the bin!
- How long does it take to process orders?
Typically, orders are processed within 1-3 working days of placing an order if items are in stock. At busy times (in the run up to Christmas) please be aware that processing may take a little longer
- Can I make changes to my order?
This depends on whether we have processed and packed your order (we try to do this as quickly as we can). Do get in touch to check at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions though and we will try our best to accommodate you if we are able to
- Do you have any discount codes?
As a small brand which prefers to deal directly with customers (rather than sell through big retailers), we try to keep our mark ups fair so we don’t offer big discounts on our products. However, we occasionally have offers on – sign up for our newsletter to be kept informed. Additionally, it’s worth joining our Glow Getters Rewards programme, which allows you to earn points on your purchases which can be converted to discounts off future orders
- Can I order out of stock items?
Some products are still available to purchase even if they show as out of stock – typically oil blends (face oils, cleansing oils, nail oil) – as these are made regularly in small batches. Please allow up to a week for your order to be shipped however in this case, and be aware that if you have ordered other items that are in stock, everything will be shipped together once the out of stock item becomes available. Other out of stock items which can’t be ordered will take longer to be replenished, we usually announce when products are back in stock through our social media channels
Delivery & returns
- Where do you ship to?
We ship to most worldwide destinations, providing there is a reliable delivery service available. Most of the popular destinations are available through checkout, but if you aren’t sure, then please contact us at email@example.com to find out if we can ship to you
- When will my order ship?
Depending on when your order is placed, orders are processed within 1-3 working days (unless items are out of stock) and currently are shipped on Monday or Thursday mornings (UK time).
- How long will my order take to arrive?
This depends on where we are shipping to and which shipping service you have selected. We offer standard services which are cost effective but can be a little slower, and for most countries, express shipping which is quicker but does cost extra. More information can be found here: https://www.apothaka.com/pages/delivery-returns
- How much do you charge for delivery?
Delivery costs depend on order value (free at certain thresholds, free local delivery in Berkamsted), destination and shipping provider (Royal Mail or DHL Express). More details can be found here: https://www.apothaka.com/pages/delivery-returns
- Do you charge for re-delivery?
Shipping providers will make one or two attempts to deliver your parcel. If there is no answer, they will return the parcel back to us as undelivered (especially Royal Mail UK and international services). We can arrange for it to be sent back out to you, but please be aware there will be an additional fee for this to cover the shipping cost
- My order hasn’t arrived, what should I do?
Delivery timescales are shown on the “delivery” section of each product page. These are not guaranteed and due to COVID there are delays with some shipments. More details of shipping updates and how long to allow before contacting us about your order can be found here: https://www.apothaka.com/pages/delivery-returns
- What is your return policy?
Our returns policy can be found here: https://www.apothaka.com/pages/delivery-returns. For hygiene reasons, returns are only allowed on sealed, unopened products.
Account & rewards
- Are there any benefits to having an account?
Aside from being able to keep track of your orders, you also get access to Apothaka Glow Getters rewards programme, which allows you to earn points on your orders, and these can be used to get discounts off future orders. It’s our way of saying thank you and rewarding your loyalty! You can access the programme via the blue “launcher” button on the bottom left corner of any page. Find out more about the programme here: https://www.apothaka.com/pages/rewards
You can easily create an account by clicking the “create an account” button at the top right corner of the any page. The “log in” button is in the same place for those with accounts already
- Still got questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to reply to messages within 1-2 working days
See here for detailed delivery & returns info including latest shipping info due to COVID-19 and BREXIT. I ship orders twice a week (Monday & Thursday mornings). For fast / guaranteed shipping, please select the Express delivery option at checkout (DHL express [International] / Special D [UK]).
- Standard shipping (Royal Mail Tracked 48): free from £60; usually within 2-3 working days of order being despatched (i.e. not from date of order!). Deliveries may take longer due to COVID-19 (up to 2-3 weeks on occasion)
- Express shipping (Special D): next day delivery after despatch - shipping ONLY on Monday & Thursday A.M.
- FREE local delivery for customers in Berkhamsted - you should be able to check out automatically but contact me at email@example.com if not!
All countries outside of UK:
- UK VAT (20%) which is included in product prices shown, is automatically removed at checkout if you're ordering outside of the UK
- Outside UK & EU, customers will be responsible for any customs / taxes / associated fees - these need to be paid to the mail carrier when your order arrives. See here for more info
- Royal Mail standard (or DHL Connect for EU) and DHL express options available (select DHL express for a fully tracked & signed service)
- A tracked & signed service cannot be used for PO boxes or anywhere a signature cannot be taken
- Standard shipping times vary considerably by country and are not guaranteed. Please allow up to 6 weeks from the shipping date for your order to arrive
- Standard shipping tracked / tracked & signed: usually within 2 weeks of order being despatched subject to customs clearance
- EU countries - for orders up to £135 (after discounts, before shipping), EU VAT will be collected at checkout through the IOSS system (meaning no further charges & faster customs clearance when your order arrives in your country). See here for more info
- European countries outside EU - customers will be responsible for any payment of of any customs duties / taxes / associated fees when parcel arrives in your destination country
- Standard shipping (Royal Mail): usually within 2-4 weeks of order being despatched, subject to customs clearance. **Allow up to 6 weeks during COVID-19**
- Express shipping (DHL express tracked): 2-4 working days from despatch, subject to customs clearance (a surcharge may be applicable for DHL express shipping to remote destinations in some countries. In this case, I will contact you before your order is processed to confirm if you still wish to proceed
- Customers will be responsible for any payment of of any customs duties / taxes / associated fees.
Rest of world:
- Standard shipping (Royal Mail): usually within 2-4 weeks of order being despatched, subject to customs clearance. **Allow up to 6 weeks during COVID-19**
- Express shipping (DHL Express) delivery within 2-4 working days of despatch
- Customers will be responsible for any payment of of any customs duties / taxes / associated fees
DHL express may be available to your country - please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote or if you have any other questions about shipping.
Step in the routine
achieve a fresh canvas with our cleansers to remove make-up, sunscreen, grime & impurities
lightweight layers of hydration keep the skin looking and feeling healthy & plump
treat / boost
enhance your routine with targeted treatment products or boosters to tackle specific skin concerns
hydrate, replenish the water & lipid content of the skin for healthy, supple & comfortable skin
protect & prevent: a fundamental part of any daily skincare routine with a focus on healthy ageing: protect & prevent
Why People love apothaka
- Thoughtful: gentle but effective skincare which puts a healthy skin barrier first, with a focus on ingredients supported by science rather than led by trends
- No nonsense: unique formulations created by Apothaka’s founder, which combine multiple actives to reduce product overload
- Enjoyable: a balance of functional skincare & self-care – formulations which support skin health and are a delight to use, through elegant textures and divine scents (as well as fragrance free options!)
- Inclusive: products which really are for everyone who desires healthy skin – no matter your age, gender, skin colour
why it works
papaya & pineapple enzymes: improve skin texture, reduce clogged pores through gentle exfoliation
multi fruit acid complex & lactic acid: brighten, hydrate and smooth skin
panthenol and allantoin: to hydrate, moisturise and soothe the skin
PASSIONATE & PERSONABLE
We’re not in the business of selling an overwhelming range of products.
We’re passionate about skin health, so we’re also here to guide you to healthy skin with support & knowledge,
built on a “less is more” approach to skincare.
And all with a more personal touch!
This is such a lovely, gentle but very effective exfoliant. It’s perfect for my sometimes sensitive skin and doesn’t cause any reaction or irritation at all. A small amount goes a really long way and has really brightened my skin and I wake up to soft, smoother looking skin that doesn’t feel at all stripped like it sometimes does with heavy exfoliants.
This lotion exfoliator works perfectly on even my incredibly reactive skin. Has brightened and cleared my skin in just a couple of uses. It’s a very effective, but gentle option. You only need a small amount to be effective. The bottle size, packaging and amount dispensed by the pump all seems very well thought out. Highly recommend.
I love everything about this gentle exfoliant the texture is just beautiful and you only need the smallest amount at a time to get great results. my skin is more sensitive at the moment yet this doesn't irritate at all and always leaves me with gorgeous looking skin when I wake up the next day.
I’ve used this as an only PM product after cleansing and I’ve used it in my routine after essence and barrier support serum. I enjoy both. Not once has it made me red or given a stingy feeling. What it has done is helped clear some bumpy areas and in a non-drying non-dramatic way. Which is perfect! I’m not looking for a wow effect that totally strips my skin. It makes my skin feel smooth in a healthy way. I’ve over exfoliated a lot in the past. And the amount needed is tiny. No need to worry about the size of this one, your 30 ml will go a long way! Three words to sum it up: I love it!
I'm so pleased you are enjoying this exfoliant! With exfoliation it is such a fine balance between resurfacing excess cells and disrupting the integrity of the skin barrier - I'm really happy you've found that balance with this gentle exfoliant. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Natasha xo